Gay and Lesbian Weddings
by David Toussaint and Heather Leo
Comprehensive, fresh, and funny, Gay and Lesbian Weddings coverseverything you need to know to plan the wedding of your dreams. Unlike other wedding planners, this one tackles the issues your heterosexual friends never had to consider. For instance, do you come out to Aunt Gloria before she receives the invitation and the shock of her life? Which father of the bride pays for a lesbian wedding? Who walks down the aisle first? Is it possible for members of the wedding party to be happy with what you force them to wear? (Okay, this is a universal problem.) Step-by-step and down-to-earth, Gay and Lesbian Weddings includes invaluable advice on
• the changing laws regarding gay marriage in the United States and abroad; the differences among domestic partnerships, civil unions, and marriage
• budget concerns: choosing your ideal wedding size and style
• finding gay-friendly printers, photographers, gift registries, caterers, florists (actually, if you find a gay-hostile florist, we’d love to hear about it)
• ethnic, theme, and destination weddings
• keeping the honey in the honeymoon
• sex—including how to keep the heat after the wedding night, as well as the facts on fidelity (can the two be linked?)
Plus: a handy Wedding Countdown Calendar, website resources, and true stories from same-sex couples who’ve gotten hitched without a hitch
Gay and Lesbian Weddings gives you straight talk (so to speak) with equal parts information, flair, and fabulousness!
Rights reserved by their respective owners.