The Taming of the Shrew
by William Shakespeare
Edited by Jonathon Bate and Eric Rasmussen
Published September 14, 2010
Eminent Shakespearean scholars Jonathan Bate and Eric Rasmussen provide a fresh new edition of this scathing account of manners and matrimony—along with more than a hundred pages of exclusive features, including:
• an original Introduction to The Taming of the Shrew
• incisive scene-by-scene synopsis and analysis with vital facts about the work
• commentary on past and current productions based on interviews with leading directors, actors, and designers
• photographs of key RSC productions
• an overview of Shakespeare’s theatrical career and chronology of his plays
Ideal for students, theater professionals, and general readers, these modern and accessible editions from the Royal Shakespeare Company set a new standard in Shakespearean literature for the twenty-first century.
Rights reserved by their respective owners.